We will be spotlighting either an author, a genre, an idea, or a resource every few months!
We are BRAVE at Hixon Elementary!
We will be working on understanding what it means to be BRAVE and how we can be BRAVE this year.
How can we be BRAVE?
Click on the book to hear the story!
Click on the video to hear "The Most Magnificent Thing" by Ashley Spires.
This month's spotlight is: Growth Mindset
This month we are focusing on Growth Mindset, especially our ability to bounce back during hard times (our resiliency)! With recent events and the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to continue to care for ourselves and practice our resiliency and growth mindset.
Check out the resources below for some ways to help build resiliency and growth mindset:
- Fun Games for Building Resilience in Children
- Important Tools to Help Children Build Resilience Through Stressful Times
- Teaching Resilience
This month's spotlight is: Kindness -- Kind to Self and Kind to Others
Click on the book to listen to it!
This month we are going to continue to focus on kindness. With recent events and the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to continue to practice kindness to ourselves and kindness to others.
Some ways to show kindness to yourself and others during this time is:
- Listen to music that you love.
- Read one of your favourite books.
- Help cook dinner a couple times a week.
- Watch your favourite movie.
- Eat your favourite snack.
- Clean your room without being asked.
- Help with chores.
- Laugh when you can.
- Try to see the positives -- learning doesn't just happen at school!
- Practice deep breathing.
- Get outside! Go for a walk, remembering social distancing. Maybe try a Scavenger Hunt!
- Maybe try an Indoor Scavenger Hunt, too!